Sunday, June 20, 2010

Rome: Getting Acquainted

Wow - I cannot believe I've been here fore 4 days already! Yesterday my apartment mates and I finally got the chance to begin exploring Ancient Rome! We set out to see the monuments that we are each required to present on, but the city is so packed with amazing ruins, we ended up seeing way more the we expected. Here's a little taste of what I've seen:

Inside of the Pantheon.
Roman Forum (what's left).

Cool horse statue.

Delicious looking pastries and desserts :)

Today I went to a flea market (over a mile long!) and practiced "heckling." I bought a watch for 6E less than the starting price! The guy was being pretty nice because he kept on encouraging me to name my price after he would name his.

Tomorrow is the first day of class. And, stay tuned for apartment pictures!

Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Looks just like in the picture books.....but they never show the desserts!
    Sounds like the flea market was great fun. We look forward to more posts and photos!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete